Wednesday 2 March 2011

Hello and Welcome

I am a mother of 4 children aged 12, 10, 8 and 5. As of today I home educate them all.
I have been home educating my 8 year old for 5 months and have really enjoyed it. I had got to the stage that I hated sending the other 3 off to school in the morning and really wanted to keep them home too, it is better to have them home full time than to have tired, miserable children back at the end of a school day. After much soul searching, research and discussions with my husband the De reg letters were sent in today.

I am now waiting for the extended families reaction, I don't expect it to be positive. I wish I had the courage to say "this is what I have decided. I don't want your opinion and I am not asking your permission but it would be nice to have your support". Ah well, until I get to that stage I will have to just ignore.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment